Oracle WebCenter Sites
In this release, Oracle WebCenter Sites domains are supported using the “domain on a persistent volume”
model only, where the domain home is located in a persistent volume (PV).
The operator has several key features to assist you with deploying and managing Oracle WebCenter Sites domains in a Kubernetes environment. You can:
- Create Oracle WebCenter Sites instances in a Kubernetes persistent volume (PV). This PV can reside in an NFS file system or other Kubernetes volume types.
- Start servers based on declarative startup parameters and desired states.
- Expose the Oracle WebCenter Sites services and composites for external access.
- Scale Oracle WebCenter Sites domains by starting and stopping Managed Servers on demand, or by integrating with a REST API to initiate scaling based on WLDF, Prometheus, Grafana, or other rules.
- Publish operator and WebLogic Server logs to Elasticsearch and interact with them in Kibana.
- Monitor the Oracle WebCenter Sites instance using Prometheus and Grafana.
Current production release
The current supported production release of the Oracle WebLogic Server Kubernetes Operator, for Oracle WebCenter Sites domains deployment is 4.0.6
Recent changes and known issues
See the Release Notes for recent changes and known issues for Oracle WebCenter Sites domains deployment on Kubernetes.
See here for limitations in this release.
About this documentation
This documentation includes sections targeted to different audiences. To help you find what you are looking for more easily,
please consult this table of contents:
Quick Start explains how to quickly get an Oracle WebCenter Sites domain instance running, using the defaults, nothing special. Note that this is only for development and test purposes.
Install Guide and Administration Guide provide detailed information about all aspects of using the Kubernetes operator including:
- Installing and configuring the operator.
- Using the operator to create and manage Oracle WebCenter Sites domains.
- Configuring Kubernetes load balancers.
- Configuring Elasticsearch and Kibana to access the operator and WebLogic Server log files.
- Patching an Oracle WebCenter Sites Docker image.
- Removing/deleting domains.
- And much more!
Documentation for earlier releases
To view documentation for an earlier release, see:
Oracle WebCenter Sites domains deployment on Kubernetes leverages the Oracle WebLogic Server Kubernetes operator framework.
- To develop an understanding of the operator, including design, architecture, domain life cycle management, and configuration overrides, review the operator documentation.
- To learn more about the Oracle WebCenter Sites architecture and components, see Understanding Oracle WebCenter Sites.
- To understand the known issues and common questions for Oracle WebCenter Sites domains deployment on Kubernetes, see the frequently asked questions.