Oracle Database Programming Interface for C (ODPI-C) is an open source library of C code that simplifies the use of common Oracle Call Interface (OCI) features for Oracle Database drivers and user applications. The ODPI-C project is open source and maintained by Oracle Corp.
See ODPI-C Installation.
See the samples directory.
Please report bugs and ask questions using GitHub issues.
To run the test suite see test/README.
Download source from GitHub.
A sample Makefile is provided if you wish to build ODPI-C as a shared library. Otherwise, include the ODPI-C source code in your project. ODPI-C uses the shared library loading mechanism available on each supported platform to load the Oracle Client library at runtime. This allows code using ODPI-C to be built only once, and then run using Oracle Client 11.2, 12.1, 12.2 or 18.3 libraries.
Oracle client libraries are available in the free Oracle Instant Client "Basic" and "Basic Light" packages. Client libraries are also available in any Oracle Database installation or full Oracle Client installation.
ODPI-C has been tested on Linux, Windows and macOS. Other platforms should also work but have not been tested. On Windows, Visual Studio 2008 or higher is required. On macOS, Xcode 6 or higher is required. On Linux, GCC 4.4 or higher is required.
Drivers Using ODPI-C
- go-goracle Go Driver
- mirmir Rust Bindings
- odpic-raw Haskell Raw Bindings
- ruby-ODPI Ruby Interface
- rust-oracle Driver for Rust
- 11.2, 12.1, 12.2, and 18.3 Oracle Client support
- 9.2 and higher Oracle Database support (depending on Oracle Client version)
- SQL and PL/SQL execution
- Character datatypes (CHAR, VARCHAR2, NCHAR, NVARCHAR2, CLOB, NCLOB, LONG)
- Numeric datatypes (NUMBER, BINARY_FLOAT, BINARY_DOUBLE)
- Dates, Timestamps, Intervals
- Binary types (BLOB, BFILE, RAW, LONG RAW)
- PL/SQL datatypes (PLS_INTEGER, BOOLEAN, Collections, Records)
- SODA (Simple Oracle Document Access)
- Call Timeouts
- User Defined Types
- REF CURSOR, Nested cursors, Implicit Result Sets
- Array fetch
- Array bind/execute
- Session pools (homogeneous and non-homogeneous with proxy authentication)
- Standalone connections
- Database Resident Connection Pooling (DRCP)
- External authentication
- Statement caching (tagging)
- End-to-end tracing, mid-tier authentication and auditing (action, module, client identifier, client info, database operation)
- Edition Based Redefinition
- Scrollable cursors
- DML RETURNING
- Privileged connection support (SYSDBA, SYSOPER, SYSASM, PRELIM_AUTH)
- Database Startup/Shutdown
- Session Tagging
- Proxy authentication
- Batch Errors
- Array DML Row Counts
- Query Result Caching
- Application Continuity (with some limitations)
- Query Metadata
- Password Change
- Two Phase Commit
- OCI Client Version and Server Version
- Connection Validation (when acquired from session pool or DRCP)
- Continuous Query Notification
- Advanced Queuing
- Easily extensible (via direct OCI calls)
Copyright (c) 2016, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This program is free software: you can modify it and/or redistribute it under the terms of:
(i) the Universal Permissive License v 1.0 or at your option, any later version (http://oss.oracle.com/licenses/upl); and/or
(ii) the Apache License v 2.0. (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)